Thursday, March 1, 2012

LEIBSTER AWARD MOVES ALONG......


Earlier this week I thanked Kit Lang for presenting my blog with the Liebster Blog Award. Be sure to check out her always inspiring blog here. “Liebster” is a German word meaning dearestbeloved or favorite, and the Liebster Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers - intended to showcase exceptional up-and-coming blogs with 200 or fewer followers.  Here are the 'rules' as I received them......



  1. Show thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
  3. Post the award on your blog.
  4. Bask in the love from some of the most supportive people on the internet—other writers and artists.
  5. And best of all – have fun and spread the karma.
My four nominees for the Liebster Award for their blogs.....all of which I read faithfully are:



Beth Hartford's Quilters Stitch Together -  Beth is a tireless volunteer for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative  Her blog has just the right combination of quilting and selfless (my words, not hers!) reminders of how we can give back.


Robbie -  Robbie's Pawprints  -  Robbie's is a follower of my blog (though I STILL don't understand this follower thing).....she posts comments regularly which caught my attention.  I now very much enjoy her very diverse blog who makes living and creating so much fun.

Vita Marie Lovett -  Now here's a gal who is living her dream...she lives on a farm in the foothills of Tennessee where she creates the most wonderful thread encrusted pictorial quilts......of which I love to own one or more!

Kay Koeper Sorensen's - Quilts Plus Color  -  Kay is a long time friend and was responsible for getting me to my very first quilt guild meeting when I lived in a Chicago suburb, way back in the late 1980's.  Kay can and does it all.....her special knack has always been her ability to clearly break down steps/techniques to share with her students.  Her sense of color is legendary.

Enjoy meeting new friends by visiting these blogs!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

How nice, Mary!!! thanks so much..now I have to run...so I can keep 'following' you! And go and visit some new blogs you posted on!