Tuesday, January 3, 2012

REPURPOSING

Several weeks ago I pulled 3 piles of materials together as inspiration for new projects.  One has been completed.

And...I've been plugging away at the second one.  

 I cut a hunk off a nuno felted scarf (that I wasn't terribly satisfied with) which was made at one of our Fiber Junkie's play days.  It reminds me of the marsh my friend Kate can view from her SC home.


The appearance of the uneven felted edges pleased me so I'm retaining that feature.....however, I decided to cut a few holes in the materials.


 ...next I used some perle-cotton to finish the edge (hand-dyed by my pal Nancy Bruce who can and does dye anything).  I've added some woven some rayon threads....but not sure they will make the cut.



Another 'hole' with edges finished.....not sure where this is all going but it was very relaxing work as we watched the ups and downs of the Rose Bowl last night.....a sad ending (two years in a row) for the Wisconsin Badgers.

No comments: