Sunday, January 22, 2012

MARY'S WORKSHOPS

...Yesterday we were chatting about a mid-winter quilt show.....today, I'm turning my attention to the AQS  Show in Lancaster, PA - March 14-17, 2012.

I have the honor to be one of the judges for the show, plus I'll presenting 5 workshops, the All-Star Review, and they are offering an Evening With Mary Stori (oh my doesn't that sound high and mighty?....really....it's just a lecture!)

If any of you out there are planning to attend....please be sure to introduce yourself to me so I can thank you in person for hanging with me on this blog.

AND...if you have time.....I want to draw your attention to one of my workshops that still have lots of room.  It's the only full day class I'm offering.....so there will lots and lots of time to explore the project and even get a little off track by learning a lot more about some of the techniques I use when creating my felted wool wall hangings.



The workshop is "What Goes Around" (# 46101 on the AQS list) on Thurs. - March 15th.  A complete kit with everything you need to make this scissors sheath is provided.  The focus of the class is a few clever beading techniques that take time but are in fact easy once you learn the pattern.  I a flat, even count peyote stitch to attach cabochons or flat mirrors to my work.

For instance, here are small zippered bags I made as gifts, decorated with mirrors and other decorative beads.


Detail.... again...it looks hard, but once you learn the tricks....you too will be impressing your friends!


....Here's another example of how a few simple stitches can become the highlight of a quilt.

I'd love to have you in class.......FYI = the half day classes are nearly filled so if you are interested in any of my workshops, I suggest registering now.


No comments: