Saturday, October 3, 2020

GALLERY ADDITIONS

With this narrow wall in my Woolworth Walk Gallery space in mind, I've been creating some smaller & narrow pieces to display.  (Located in downtown Asheville, NC on Haywood St. in the historic Woolworth building, completed with original soda fountain.)

With so many homes now featuring open concepts, finding space to hang a larger art quilt may be difficult, however many of us have this type of area in our homes.  Perhaps these pieces will find a new one!


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is so true with the one huge room when you get past the foyer there aren't many walls to hang anything on. We didn't used to have 65" TVs hanging on the wall either (and I still don't!).

The Idaho Beauty said...

As always, nice to see quilts presented hanging somewhere so that one can get a better idea of size, even though you always tell us the dimensions when presenting them on the blog. This one, I really did not understand its size until now but I think you are right about narrower quilts having more options for hanging. My niece just sent me a link to a raffle in her area back east for what they are calling a "skinny" quilt which is the first time I've heard that term. But definitely the proper description and perhaps better than calling them banner quilts, which is more what they remind me of. No matter what you call them, I sure do like the way this one looks.