Sunday, October 11, 2020

3 BIRDS

More often than not, the mental vision that first strikes me for a new project, whether it's clear or fuzzy can have very little in common with the end result.  I planned on using colorful polka dot fabrics for the birds, but after hours of trying to get a happy combo, I reverted to black and white and came up with this striking contrast.

3 BIRDS

AVAILABLE HERE

Pieced & applique cottons, embroidered & machine quilted.

Mounted on canvas covered frame, finished fabric back, 

prepared for hanging or display on a table top easel.


8 comments:

Robbie said...

This is great! Wait until you see the silhouette my friend sent me to use in my collage work!!!! Must be a bird kind of day.

The Inside Stori said...

I'm looking forward to the unveil Robbie!!

Laura said...

Wow, you really made this work! The black with dots for the birds is strong enough to allow the scrappy whites and blacks to work well as a background. Hooray.

The Inside Stori said...

Thank you Laura.....I'm still always surprised at how one's vision warps into a new direction....even if I fight it!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Slipping in those music-related fabrics helps the mind envision those birds singing away. Sometimes you just gotta ditch that original thought as the designing progresses, something I'm not the best at!

Nancy said...

This really works so well with just black and white! Well done.

The Inside Stori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Inside Stori said...

Nancy......black and white should be a no brainer but I found it still required much contemplation regarding the use of various patterns and how they blend in the with rest.