Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My visit to the Orange/Durham Quilters Guild was a whirlwind.......yesterday, 25 enthusiastic students spent the day with me learning a multitude of beading techniques. I was so impressed with their skill level......no grumblers in this group....and I really worked them hard! My lecture "Viewed With A Smile" was in the evening.......and today I made my way back home.

After a few days away, I am anxious to get back to my projects.....


This is another piece I'm making to donate to AAQI. I'm working on some of my heavily felted hand dyed wool and making sure it will be the required 9" x 12" size. The basting lines denotes the shape. The main design lines were transferred by machine stitching the drawing I did on light-weight non-fusible stabilizer which had been basted to the wrong side. I use the stitching lines as a guide for my beading..........


......which is now complete. The background could use a little more texture so that's my next step....not sure exactly what I'll do......but after a little experimenting I'll settle on something and update you as it proceeds.

No comments: