Friday, April 15, 2011

EVER.....green!

Thank you everyone for cheering me along on this project...... Lesson learned (again) ......sometimes ya gotta just let the quilt go where it wants to.

This design really wanted to be framed with beads......or maybe it's ME who is so passionate about incorporating beads along the edge of my quilts....that I simply couldn't see it any other way.

But....it's now complete.... My first attempt at working with my own deconstructed screen printed fabric was quite a change from solid or almost solid colors of woolfelt. Pushing oneself beyond 'comfort level' is a wonderful growing opportunity!


EVER...green!
10 1/2" x 13"
$200 (includes insured shipping)

5 comments:

Robbie said...

WONDERFUL!!! Just wonderful! i love this piece and your screen print is perfect for the fern!!

Bev said...

That's just what it needed. Awesome!

Wendy said...

Very pretty Mary!
Glad you got it "just right"!
=-)

Patsy Thompson said...

Please bring this next week, Mary! This last photo almost looks like the evergreen bough has a hint of snow on it. I think this is the most beautiful thing I've seen you make yet!

The Inside Stori said...

The light reflecting from the twisted bugle beads used for the branches are what gives the appearance of snow in my photo.
Yes, I'll bring it to the next Fiber Junkies meeting (unless it sells first...grinning).