Wednesday, April 13, 2011

THE MINT MUSEUM

Yesterday, the members of L.I.N.T. (fiber group) traveled to Charlotte to experience 'culture'.

Our destination was The Mint museum......



The inside entrance greeted us with what appeared to be hand dyed fabric flags (boxes really).

We were delighted to find this fashion exhibit......

The fashion styles varied......read the signage below about this piece......what a hoot...."Gift of a Palm Beach Lady".......wellllll excuse me.......


Taking quality photos was difficult since no flash was allowed in these very dimly lighted rooms. Hope the elegance still comes through....


It was created by the House of Chanel (2003-2004 season). It's a boxy jacket/knee-length skirt of fine wool, covered with a silk netting.

Here's a Gucci dress (made in Italy)

Detail

The shoe displays were such fun......

Hummmm........I'm sure I couldn't balance in these!!

1 comment:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

The display is incomplete.
I think they need some of my vintage "fine polyester double knits" I showed on my blog last summer!