Sunday, February 26, 2023

ROTARY CUTTING BLADE FOR SCAN N CUT

 The (hopefully) miracle rotary blade for my Scan N Cut is now installed....and after about 90 mins. of testing...I'm getting closer! Tried cutting simple leaves before wasting fabric on trees.

I used batik fabric that was fused with Wonder Under, paper removed, secured to mat using a brayer roller, tried both fused side down (which apparently is recommended) and fused side up which my friend with an older machine uses.  


Clearly the first attempt on auto settings was a failure (photo 1) ....didn't cut all the way through. 

Increased pressure from auto to 1, (photo 2) cut again

Then increased to 2 which was pretty good (Photo 3) but still not cutting completely cleanly. Will try again tomorrow...time for a glass of bubbly, I earned it!!!
One more thing....my mat looks pretty chewed up on this photo...maybe that's the problem....hummmm.





3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

If your mat is like the Accuquilt mats that is sometimes the reason for not cutting all the way through. Try it with a sheet of paper between your fabric and the mat.

The Inside Stori said...

After some thinking.....Wanda's suggestion is not an option for Scan N Cut......the fabric needs to be stuck to the mat to prevent the machine from 'eating it'.......a layer of paper between the fabric and mat will not allow unrestricted movement of fabric.

dgs said...

I agree Wanda's option is not an option for a SNC. I'll email you a couple of suggestions, which will include a link.