Thursday, February 16, 2023

GOOD GRIEF!

I'm still struggling with my Scan N Cut machine.  I've tried EVERY tip on EVERY tutorial I can find to get my fabric to cut cleanly.

It reminds of men's razors......razors are modestly priced.....but razor blades and other required accessories are NOT!!  So now after buying another mat (which works no better than the first), I've just dropped $50 purchasing a rotary cutting blade.  Clever marketing by Brother.....you have to buy a whole kit which includes stuff I'll NEVER use) just to get the blade and holder!!



Look how nicely my 'test' triangle was cut.....yet when I cut an actual motif......it's a shredded mess.  I've thrown away soooo much fused fabric after testing all the various suggestions.  Hoping this new cutting tool will solve my problem.



So, my current project has come to a halt while I wait for the new blade in order to cut more motifs.  I ended up hand cutting half of the bushes/small trees shown on the lower edge of this art quilt.  I'll be tackling our USPS delivery person each day till the blade arrives.     STAY TUNED......




2 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

How frustrating! I hope you figure out a solution with the new blade and cutter.

The Idaho Beauty said...

I'm guessing what you really need is a company rep who knows how the machine is supposed to work and can troubleshoot to take a look at it. But I'm guessing there's no place close that has one of those to take it to.

But the quilt looks quite good at this stage and I love the scraggly trees/bushes along the bottom.