Saturday, February 25, 2023

'SOARING ABOVE THE BLUE RIDGE"

 The idea was to create an art quilt featuring a large number of small motifs which would be my incentive to learn how to use the Scan N Cut machine I received for Christmas.

It's now nearly March and I'm still struggling to achieve quality cuts.  However, with a recent purchase of a new type of blade cutter I'll be getting started soon.

The piece shown here was to be that project, but it took so long to get the blade, I ended up hand cutting the birds instead....all 45 of them. This newest art quilt has just been listed in my online gallery....click on link in either the top or side bar.  

"SOARING ABOVE THE BLUE RIDGE" - 17.5" X 21"

Just listed in gallery

Hand ice-dyed cottons & batiks, appliquéd motifs,

thread painting, embroidery, & densely quilted.

Faced edge finishing & fabric hanging sleeve. 


2 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Lovely, hope it sells fast!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Well that's different. And here I was waiting for more silhouettes of trees to come out of your cutter. These birds are a nice change and I love the way they are swooping down.