Saturday, February 11, 2023

WET FELTING VESSELS

I'm still dipping into a huge bag of wool batting a friend shared with me.  I've had to curtail my wet felting for quite some time due to an ever present achy shoulder that now is not even responding to steroid injections.  So this may be it for awhile.  

The wool fibers are really coarse and no matter how hard I work and how careful the layering process is....it doesn't yield a smooth surface.  However, the rough one is interesting in its own right and will be enhanced with hand embroidery when they are fully dry.




3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Glad to see you making these again, although it's too bad that it still causes you pain. I look forward to the final product after embellishing. Always so interesting.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I love these! I still have some roving left from the acorns project, and I do want to do a couple of bowls with what is left.

The Inside Stori said...

From Mary - I ended up doing only a minor about of embroidery on the vessels....the color (or lack of it) is appealing to me but this particular wool unfortunately is really, really a bugger to felt.