Monday, September 7, 2020

RED GINKGO LEAVES

 "Red Ginkgo Leaves" is finished! I sure appreciate all the wonderful comments on my last post. Unfortunately, adding a narrow grey border to the quilted piece at this point wasn't feasible.

                                          

Next I attempted to incorporate grey piping or a flat flange to the edges, however, the addition of only a narrow strip of grey simply had no impact. In fact, no matter what fabric I used it became distracting.

 RED GINKGO LEAVES - 12.5" X 30" 

SOLD 

So I decided to bind it to provide a pronounced visual stop for the eye, rather than using a turned facing.

                                           

DETAIL

I'm very happy with the piece. I'm even more pleased and totally flattered to announce it's been purchased by a skilled fiber artist who has maintained a studio at Ginko Gallery in Oberlin, Ohio. I first met her as my student on one of my quilt tours/cruises and she's traveled with me countless times afterwards, becoming a good friend. As I said, I couldn't be happier..... thank you Nancy!


2 comments:

Robbie said...

You should be very happy with this piece, Mary! It's stunning...and whoever purchased it will be as well!!!!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Awesome, sold already!!!