Saturday, September 5, 2020

DECISIONS, DECISIONS

Getting to the finish line.  I had planned to echo quilt this project, but after the outline quilting was completed, that idea was scratched for fear of interrupting the background design too much.  All the squares and large rectangle were quilted in the ditch instead.

Another early decision was to finish the edges with a facing, rather than bind it.  But after viewing the piece on my design wall....I began to consider adding a grey piping, and then binding.

Now I'll be digging out all the grey fabrics I have to find one that's suitable. Of course I don't have enough of what I used for the branches.  Isn't that always the way.  

Let's see what happens next!?!



3 comments:

Kathy said...

Whatever you choose, this is a beautiful piece and your finish will be perfect!!

Kathie Briggs said...

Looking good!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Such a pretty art piece, I'm also sure you'll finish it perfectly.