Friday, September 11, 2020

FALL IN THE MOUNTAINS

This summer we've seen more fog in our mountain valley than ever before. It's an amazing sight to watch a fog bank come rolling up the valley as it slowly encompasses our house.  


On the 2nd 'Forced March' march of the day, with rescue black lab Sooty.....I spotted this beauty.....hummmm a broken heart reflecting all the drama that our country is enduring?

This is a fiber blog, I don't do political statements or lecture about social significance....but today I want to say a word about 9/11.  Hard to believe it's been 19 years.  Everyone remembers where they were when they heard the news.  My story isn't any more or less important than others, but it's an especially memorable day for me.  It was the first of 2 days that I was a bone marrow donor (which was via stem cells) for my identical twin sister at the City of Hope in CA.  It had an enormous impact on my life.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

I didn't know this was the same day as your bone marrow donation! WOW...bless you...

Your pictures are beautiful!!! I love where you live!!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

I know what you mean. I was going into my second year as a widow and still wallowing in a bit of self pity. As I watched the coverage, saw all the flyers of people looking for loved ones that were never going to come home, noted the number of dead rising, I realized it was time for my self-pity to end to make room for all the sorrow and grieving of this newest round of people experiencing the worst loss. It was someone else's turn to be the center of attention and compassion.