Tuesday, September 22, 2020

AUDITIONING THE APPLIQUE

 How encouraging all your comments regarding this project have been.....thank you! I was nearly swayed (by the occasionally lazy part of me) to quilt this unintended color wash wall quilt and call it finished.

But, the creative side of me just couldn't go there.....I strive to create one-of-a-kind pieces.  I'm not a pattern follower, preferring instead to develop my own designs.  So......here's where I'm headed.  The actually applique is going to be a real challenge since I don't free-motion stitch.  There will be lots and lots of quilt turning/adjusting, starts/stops, & tying off of threads.  But I do love a challenge.  

The appliqué audition process is not yet complete.....so I'll just keep you posted as the work continues.  










3 comments:

Nancy said...

Quite elegant and delicate. Nice choice, Mary!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Another stunning work of art in progress!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's looking good so far.