Tuesday, September 29, 2020

QUILTING ON BAMBOO QUILT COMPLETED

 It's funny how a quilt can seem to physically grow as one manipulates and man handles it through the machine during the quilting process.  It's been compared to wrestling an alligator and I tend to agree.

Working with metallic thread is visually such a bonus for the work, but often a headache for the artist.  You'd think at my age I would have already learned patience.....

I've been torn about how to finish the edges and finally decided to face them.  After 20+ hours of machine quilting, completion is right around the corner. 

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Metallic looks lovely! But yes, a challenge to work with. A patience lesson in the making.

The Idaho Beauty said...

And this is why I KNEW you'd understand my last post . . . lol The patience I used to have for all things challenging and fiddly seems to have vanished most days.

I'm not sure metallic thread would have come to my mind if I were quilting this but it surely is the right choice.