Friday, February 1, 2019

INSPIRED BY A PHOTO

Quite some time ago my SIL shared a photo she took of her family strolling Sea Side Beach, Oregon.
 It's been in the back of my mind for a long time.....pondering about using some 'artistic license' to create a similar scene.
 As all of you quilters know.....it can take a surprising amount of time to find the right fabrics as one digs through their stash.
 And...just when you think you have.....you change your mind.
 Adding details/motifs can further alter your decision process.
But one keeps plugging away, adding - subtracting till the quilt gives the okay.  I'm NOT there yet (or should I say, my wall quilt hasn't given the okay). Do come back and see where this goes.

Linked to:  Nina-Marie's Off The Wall Friday, Sarah's Whoop Whoop Friday

9 comments:

Norma Schlager said...

That shadow photo is brilliant and I'm sure that your interpretation will be, too.

Nancy said...

It's a process for sure, but those fabrics look just right for this. I'll be back to see!

Ramona said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose quilts talk to me. :) I'm liking where this one is going! Enjoy!

JanineMarie said...

I like how it’s coming along. You can’t rush art. :)

Kathy said...

It's a wonderful photo and your interpretation of it is a wonderful process to watch. Looking forward to your progress.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Interpreting versus copying is what gives a piece soul. Thanks for sharing your decisions. Can't wait to see the next phase of additions and subtractions.

Gwyned said...

Interpreting versus copying is what gives a piece soul. Thanks for sharing your decisions. Can't wait to see the next phase of additions and subtractions.

Robbie said...

Really like seeing your progress and how you work!!!! Cool!

The Joyful Quilter said...

We have a photo like that from a special beach trip. What a FUN idea for a quilt!!