Tuesday, February 19, 2019

WET FELTED VOTIVE HOLDERS ETC.

Well after creating a couple of wet felted votive candle holders last week, I had to pause.  So silly really.....I got my first shingles shot which left my upper left arm so darn sore it took several days to comfortably use it again.  I'm now back dispersing soapy water all over my studio!

Yes, I am a sissy......

Several of these can be used as a votive holder....the 'skin' is thin enough for the light to penetrate....the remainder are simply fun little vessels to be used in numerous ways....think dried flower, or fitted a small water filled glass to display live flowers.  Heck, one doesn't need to fill them at all.....just display and admire.

5 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I love these!

Robbie said...

These are quite lovely! How do they sell at your exhibit? I've had 1st shot but 2nd shot is not in sight! Seems there's quite a demand and pharmacy back home and here can't keep supply in to meet demand! I don't remember if my shot hurt...but I have heard some side effects (flu like) from the 2nd! Wonderful! I'd rather have a sore arm...HA

Sherrie Spangler said...

I'll bet these are gorgeous with candlelight shining through. But I would use battery-operated votives so as not to set the felt on fire!

The Inside Stori said...

Sherrie pointed out the use of battery operated votives....which are included with my felted votive holders. Wool doesn't burn very easily but as she pointed out.......it's something you want to avoid any possibility of happening.

Robbie asked how I sell them at my exhibit......I have them for sale in my space at Woolworth Walk in downtown Asheville....they are displayed on an antique ladder that has been adapted with wide 'steps', as well as a wood bench. I have a link on my gallery shop but since shipping/mailing costs have gone up so much.....I didn't sell many that way and have to admit...I don't keep it updated.

As for the shingles shot...yes, there is a shortage of both #1 & #2 vaccines. I switched part D insurance coverage at the first of the year to make it doable cost wise.....and had to wait since Jan. to get my first one. BTW - 'the husband' got his last year, same insurance as I have now.....his cost was $45 for each shot....I paid $84 for just one.

Linda M said...

These are adorable!