Wednesday, November 28, 2018

FOODIE ALERT

"The husband" has always enjoyed the challenges of outdoor cooking....nooooo, never using a gas grill.  He's a wood smoker advocate.  After replacing our 30 year old Big Green Egg with a 'big boy' wood smoker....he can't stop experimenting.

His latest passion focuses on the very high quality meats from Snake River Farms where his first (but definitely not the last) purchase of American Wagyu beef turned him onto this resource that offers higher than prime quality meat.

 Kurobuta Rack of Pork right off the smoker
Frankly, I'm not much of a meat eater......and heck, with this huge amount we'll be gnawing on it for quite some time.  I must agree....it was very flavorful, tender, juicy, with a very impressive appearance.

Sorry....this isn't a fiber related post......rather, a glimpse of the other part of my life!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

His experimentation is truly impressive! The color of the meat is interesting, and it looks as if it's very tender. Yes, it will take some time to work through this large piece, but every bite will be luscious I'm sure.

Robbie said...

I sent my son a link to your blog. He smokes meats all the time...in fact, for Thanksgiving, in addition to the turkey his wife cooked, he smoked a turkey...and I have to say it actually tasted better than the regular turkey...but don't tell my DIL!!! HA Her turkey was great too!!!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Yum, looks wonderful! We all have many interests in our lives, not just fiber arts!

Linda M said...

Idaho beef, my hubby won't buy it because he feels it's too expensive. Although we had smoked brisket and smoked turkey for Thanksgiving, I prefer the turkey over the beef.