Thursday, November 15, 2018

FIBER JUNKIES NOV. SHOW & TELL

WOW....what a great show and tell this month.  Denny challenged herself to make 10 quilts in 2018.  She brought 5 tops to share with us. AND...these are complicated, detailed, colorful, large quilts.  I feel like I've been sitting still all year after looking at what she's accomplished.





Gen has been concentrating on paper creations for most of the year.  She says it's easy, kinda like working in a coloring book, but to me they are awesome.  Tiny, tiny lines and thoughtful color choices are prominent as she works with inks, pencils, pens on these designs.  I'm sorry I didn't get the name of the person whose paper 'blanks' she uses..... 



Here's a sneak preview of how we played after show and tell was over.  Our happy group, minus our newest member, Susan Web Lee who took the photo.  Left to right....Kate, Judy, Mary, Gen, & Denny
Do you know what this is??

 Be sure to check out my next post....to see the crazy fun we had!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my- 10 quilts is one thing, but 10 of THOSE quilts is quite an accomplishment! I like the paper arts, too. Journals and paper art are my second favorite things after quilts. Always inspiring. Will look forward to seeing the reveal of the wrapped up bundle!

Robbie said...

WOW...I feel like a slacker!!! I just love, love your show and tell posts!!! I always go back and enlarge the pics....thanks so much for sharing...and making me feel inferior! HA HA HA