Saturday, November 10, 2018

DECONSTRUCTED SCREEN PRINTING RESULTS

Here are my rather disappointing results from our deconstructed screen printing day.  The good thing is I think I know the reason why some are so poor....which will be helpful for future attempts.

1.  Since we were indoors, I was being extra cautious not to slop the colored print paste.....so I probably didn't use as much as I should.

2.  The section of the table I was using had two small cracks......so my screen didn't lay very flat and it wasn't very wide.  I just didn't have enough room to lay out things properly.

3.  We were working directly on a wood surface.  In the past at Val's house, where we had a dream set up.....we worked on padded table surfaces...which yielded a better print.

Some of the really poor ones not shown here will be overprinted.  Nothing will be lost....just an opportunity to play again.  Still it was so great to be working with one of my favorite techniques.  Thank you Judy for hosting and Sue for sharing all your interesting resists.







2 comments:

Nancy said...

That's one thing I've found with dyeing and printing- the results are always a surprise, and some surprises are better than others! Lessons in everything. And as you noted, it can all be resurrected with another session of dyeing and painting. The padded surface- now that's a tip I'll try to remember.

Robbie said...

I think these are great!!!!! Perfect for piecing or enhancing with thread work!!!!! You know Kay and her 'dye dogs'....they will end up probably being your go to fabric in a future art piece!!