Wednesday, July 27, 2016

CAPTURED BEADING TECHNIQUE

 Here's another beading technique from my book, "All-In-One Beading Buddy", featured on C & T's blog.  The post is credited with my name but I didn't write it, so I'm not sure what's going on with that!  But I am happy to be able to share it with you.

The book is no longer available in hard copy, however it can be purchased as an e-book at the C & T site.

It's a simple stitch but I can still remember how long it took me to figure out how to  create it once I envisioned it.  It was always a workshop favorite in my beading classes!

How to Bead: Captured Beads

Posted by 
Seed beads secure a larger bead in this decorative stitch, perfect for edging or binding. Use it on quilts, ribbon, trim, napkins, pillows, bed linens, or even curtains!
1. Come up at A on fold, string a 6° seed bead and 7 size 11° seed beads.
2. Lay 1st bead horizontally to left on fold, enter bead from A side of bead.
3. Exit bead, go down at B, travel through binding and up where next unit will be placed.
This wonderful bead trim is from Mary Stori's All-in-One Beading Buddy



  • MARY STORI
  • ALL-IN-ONE BEADING BUDDY
  • HOW TO



2 comments:

Robbie said...

Cool! Nice bead stitch to have on hand!!

margaret said...

very clear tutorial have masses of beads but never seem to use any since I did my last crazy wall hanging but will remember this if I ever do any more