Friday, July 29, 2016

BIG FISH - LITTLE FISH

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.  The inability for the time being and hopefully only temporary, of not being able to stitch well enough to do the precision handwork I demand of myself, has forced me to work with new construction techniques.

This is the piece referenced in this post. It's now complete and the world did not come to an end by not incorporating beading or other handwork!

BIG FISH - LITTLE FISH  26" X 15" MARY STORI © 2016
Artist hand dye-painted cotton, machine stitched,
and surface design elements.

Hop over to these blogs to check out what other artists have been up to this week.   Nina-Marie's Off The Wall Friday,  Sarah's Whoop Whoop Friday, and  Crazy Mom Quilts.
SaveSave

8 comments:

Norma Schlager said...

This totally works! Your black and red fishes are very dynamic, simple but oh, so effective. Good for you for sticking with it. I hope your eye problems improve.

quiltedfabricart said...

Well, even without the hand stitching the fish is dynamic. Is it hand issues? I'm starting to get arthritis in my stitching hands and would be devastated if I couldn't sit and stitch. I'm glad to see you are still creating and hope you are back to normal soon :-)

Julia Graber said...

I love the simplicity of the fish. It speaks without the beading work and is an awesome piece.

dq said...

I just love that quilt so much! The bony fish just catches me.

margaret said...

the skeletal fishes work so well, trust the eyes are slowly recovering

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Stunning! A mix of whimsy with a hint of primitive rock carvings. You have a way of distilling an image to its essence.

Robbie said...

Love it Mary!!!! It really turned out great!!!!! That little guy is a perfect addition!!!!

Linda M said...

The fish are great! Hope the eyes are better.