So....'the husand' asked me to tackle a project for him. It seemed simple when he described the task....ha, surprise, surprise....it didn't take the 15 minutes I thought it would.
These are SUPER, SUPER strong magnets....that I was to sew into the top of a flag.No problem....says me. I set about sewing a casing at the top of the flag.
Thinking....I'd slide each of the 8 magnets into the sleeve....and machine stitch lines on each side to hold them in place. NOT.....I was literally laughing out loud when I plopped the flag onto the bed of my sewing machine (with 1 magnet in place)......well....smack me in the face! Of course the magnet stuck to the machine....and couldn't be moved. Naturally, immediately I tugged it off....worrying the magnet could affect the computer in the machine.
So....I had to stitch little pockets by hand....NOT easy as the needle kept stitching to the magnet....as did the scissors when I cut the thread. Really, it was comic!
But......finally they were all stitched in place and the 'flag' will now be firmly secured over the auto's windshield. One of the annual car races we attend is located in an area where the soil is particularly nasty.....this hopefully will save the windshield.