Saturday, May 21, 2011

DAILY ROUTINE

For the time being, my daily routine is not the norm while 'the husband' slowly recovers from his accident. Long stints in my studio aren't possible so I'm learning to take advantage of shorter time periods without frittering them away.


My machine and supplies are set up to stitch a few seams, as time allows, to continue making blocks for my string pieced scrap quilt that I began at our PTA retreat this spring. I actually had the long strips carefully draped by color over the chair, while the smaller ones were within reach in the basket. Naturally, all that organization didn't last long....but it's still working fine.

I'm just trying to remember......a block here and a block there.....soon I'll have them all stitched!!

Quilters stitch for many reasons.......I've always recognized the satisfaction I get from completing even the smallest task on my projects is knowing that I wouldn't have to do it all over again, (unless I choose to). That's unlike the most common household tasks such as laundry, cooking, cleaning.....those always need to be repeated, over and over again Quilting is so much more satisfying!

No comments: