Sunday, March 15, 2009

CLIFFS COTTAGE - part 2

I could have hung around for hours checking out all the unique decorating ideas utilized in this home.  The theme was what I'd describe as 'soft Asian'.......with lots of muted grays, greens, taupe colors.

A guest bedroom.....note the 50's looking bedside tables.  The clean lines of that style, blended nicely with the theme of the home.


This simple headboard could be duplicated by someone handy......basically it was a wood frame, with woven leather strips.....which...by the way.....were merely stapled to the back of the frame (I looked) .....heck, that's doable.



The candle holders on this unit were made locally of wood and stone.  And again, this piece reminded me of furniture from the 50's.......sorry....I didn't like it then, and don't much now......

What a simple, yet very affective arrangement to fill a nook....the door to the left lead to 2 bedrooms and a bath.


This very large sun room, surprisingly had no window coverings.  Personally, I didn't like the tile flooring which reminded me of limestone outdoor pathway material.  It was very uneven, bumpy, not glazed, so I wonder what a hassle this would be to clean?


Oh.....did I mention cleaning......look at the dust bunnies I found!!!


The table was created from an oak barrel....again, very simple decorations made from natural materials are displayed.



The door panels inserts are made by Corning Glass.....VERY pricey (I checked them out after visiting the Southern Living home in the Asheville area.)  One large panel (which can be cut into sections) was about $600.   This one had what looked like raffia between the layers, others have bamboo, grasses etc.  

This mud room is between the sun room and the garage.  The open shelves provide an open feeling for the space, but surely it wouldn't be nearly as attractive when people actually LIVE there.  There wasn't a coat closet....only hooks on one wall.  Like much of the house, it was attractive.....but ya gotta wonder if a man designed it.....storage space is minimal.....but maybe in the 'green' world....we aren't supposed to be storage and accumulating 'stuff'???? 

No comments: