Well.....here's Bernina's new top of the line machine...the 830! They also offer the 820 which comes without the embroidery module and a few less features.
To make your heart skip a beat.....here's some of their many features:
* A 15" extended arm and expanded height = 50% more than the largest top-of-the-line machines.
* Jumbo bobbin that easily winds on the front of the machine - holds 40-60% more thread
* Gigantic 7" x 14" screen located in center of the machine
* Dual feed (similar to Pfaff)
* Stitch regulator (BSR)
* Push button auto needle threading (that REALLY works!)
* Push button bobbin thread cutter
* 3 pin spool holder
* Sews 1000 stitches per minute
* Major improvement in lighting.......even my old eyes can see without further illumination
Close-up of screen. I might add that this machine is much more user friendly than others I've tried. The only problem is that there are sooooo many functions and choices......at first it might be a bit overwhelming.
Bernina offer a CD 8 Series Emulator which really helped us get acquainted with the machine by first reviewing its many options on a lap top. For instance, we were able to select an embroidery design, duplicate or mirror image it, add additional motifs, resize them, relocate their positions.....I mean it was amazing. Above is a photo of the lap top screen and my 'redesign'.
I always thought of Bernina as the BMW of machines vs the Chevys.......now it's upgraded to Porsche!