Monday, September 1, 2008

ONE WITH NATURE

Now I'm happy!  Sometimes we quilters can get into a rut, a safe zone that doesn't allow us to grow as an artist.  Though I've stretched myself with this new found interest in Woolfelt (manufactured by National Non-Wovens), methods of displaying my pieces have remained the same. (a hanging sleeve)

'The husband' is quite accomplished at framing and he showed me how.....well....actually, he pretty much cut the mat for me this time.  I like how the work is set off not only by the mat, but with the frame as well.

One With Nature  -  21" x 17"
$350 - includes shipping  

Detail of machine quilting, stenciled ferns, & beading

I'm in the process of creating a new category - Quilts for Sale - which will make it easier and less costly for readers to purchase work directly from me.  Simply click on my email link - upper right. Payment can be made via Paypal or check.  I'm bypassing the high gallery commissions in order to maintain a better range for you.  

1 comment:

Peddlecar Quilts said...

I just HAD to check out your blog! My counsin's name is Mary Stori so I wasn't sure!! She lives in Catalina, Ca, so I can see you are no where near each other. That being said, I love your art nature wall hanging! Very nice! Loved the bikes on the highway too--I use to own my own bike and rode with my husband all the time!
Diane