Wednesday, September 10, 2008

EYES WIDE OPEN

So....here I am in the state of WA, after getting up at 4:30 AM in NC.  I'm staying at the Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, WA (swell hotel) ...and what do I see???  Well naturally...quilts.....well actually quilt images.  I'm a quilter...what do you expect?


Lobby rug - would this be fun to recreate in fiber?


Guest wing hallway rug


As I'm wandering around, waiting for my hosts to pick me up for dinner.....I came across this charming group of women....THE PETER PAN COFFE CLUB  from Astoria, OR.  They've come from different backgrounds, generations, interests, at a coffee shop in OR to spend time together (daily or as often as possible).  To their credit....they keep their friendship and interests alive by taking fun adventure trips together....I'm delighted I had to chance to meet them!


My quilt host retrieved me......and we headed to dinner where I got acquainted with some of the worker bees who've helped organize the Columbia River Gorge Quilt Show.  It runs through Sun. at the Stevenson, WA fairgrounds.  Some of the group are enjoying a well deserved peach margaritas which look yummy.  Come and join us!

No comments: