Wednesday, February 7, 2024

SLOW PROGRESS

 I could have sworn we have only necessary 'stuff'.....no real excesses....UNTIL we began packing.  I'll blame a lot of this on 'the husband' who is a buyer, and never one....2 0r 3 is better.  But after living here for 18 years......the outside equipment especially has grown out of control......selling as much and as fast as I can......but who needs rakes in February!?!

Now I'll admit to excesses myself....namely fabric and sewing supplies....I just counted...I have 37 bins packed just in my upper loft area (not counting all the small tote bags (also filled) I'm embarrassed to tell you how many more we have in the garage!!






Looks like there is no turning back now.......

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I think it's one of Murphy's laws - you tend to fill whatever space you have, and no matter how big a space (unless you have a mansion), you just fill it right up. Plus the longer you stay in a place, the less reason you have to make decisions about what should stay and what should go (and what should be bought and what can be passed up). A more frequent purging thanks to frequent moves is the only answer I think, speaking from experience of course! Every move saw so much weeded out when we seemed to move every three years or so. Now that I've been in one spot for over then years, I dread the day I might have to move and go through what you are going through. We do not live frugally, those of us with hobbies and crafts. Plus your crafts were a business once so no wonder you have so much coming out of the loft. You'll get there!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

One must have a well stocked resource center. You never know what might be needed when you cannot get to the fabric shop.