Friday, February 2, 2024

DOWN MEMORY LANE OF MY QUILTS

My 2001 Quilter's Tour to Iceland, London, & Paris had been scheduled for well over a year, to begin only a few short weeks after 9/11.  Flights had just begun to resume as we departed, and many were still nearly empty.  After long discussions.....we decided to go forward with the tour and not one guest cancelled!

One memorable moment occurred as we were on a private tour of the famous Liberty of London store.  Nancy Garver (as quilter must do)....ran her hand lightly over a stunning mohair throw that was displayed on a couch.  She quietly murmured, "This is like touching a warm cloud!"......

Immediately I made a note, knowing those simple words would be an inspiration for a quilt.  It was the very first project I created after that trip and have cherished it ever since.

Moving preparations have given me the opportunity/reason to examine pieces I've had carefully stored.  Since I'm no longer on the quilt circuit teaching, many of my past art quilts were simply 'resting', waiting for new homes.   

Though I'll never forget the reasoning behind this quilt, it is a reminder to all, be sure to label/document your quilts!







No comments: