Saturday, June 19, 2021

TRY TRY AGAIN!

The process of creating what I thought would be a straightforward project has expanded.  So, rather than one long post, I decided to break it up into several which follows my previous intro post of this newest piece.

After the disappointment of not being able to get a useable print of the desired motifs on fabric....I began again.

Here's the rejected fabric that had been scanned from a laser print (without the offending lines in the black circles) into my computer, and then printed using my ink jet.  Notice the greyed background which was also reflected in the lettering.  Though the photo here looks like the circles are black, in person they are quite gray. Too gray for my purposes.
I went back to the computer and printed onto paper, more letters and symbols to be included in my piece.  They'd become templates...........
.......to trace in the REVERSE onto the paper side of Wonder-under that had been fused to a light colored batik. TIP - trace on the bias of the fabric to reduce frayed edges.  Each small piece would then be cut out and fused to a black circle.
Before proceeding with the step above, first I wanted to experiment to determine the color, size, density of the edge stitch I'd use to attach the back circles to the body of the quilt. Once satisfied with the results, they were documented along with the stabilizer I used.  It was retained for when I was ready for that step.

Are you getting any ideas of what these images will be???


No comments: