Friday, June 18, 2021

2 DAYS DOWN

**  REMINDER - sign up using the form on upper right to subscribe to my blog, email notices will be sent each time I post from Follow.it.  The current Service, Feedburner will be discontinued by blogger at the end of the month......

So....what have I been doing  lately?  Well...... 2 days, 2 FULL dedicated days and a couple of hours today working on a new small art quilt.  I've been documenting the steps along the way to give readers an idea of just how long and involved creating one's own original art can take.  I'll publish them when the piece if complete.

 

However, this is an example of time that ended up not well spent!  I wanted to print some black circles with white lettering onto fabric.  Hair tearing time.....no matter what I did, I got these mystery white lines.  At first I thought my printer needed cleaning, which I did with no positive results.  However, when I printed it using my laser printer the lines didn't appear.  For some reason the ink jet printer (both 'the husband's & mine picked up these lines.  

I assume the lines came from the text box that was embedded onto the circle.  I even scanned a correct copy printed from my laser printer into my computer and then printed it on the ink jet.....no lines were visible then, but the black was very pale and the white was muddy.

I gave up on that approach and am now well on my way creating them another way.....stay tuned.....

1 comment:

Robbie said...

If you have a gif or jpg file, try the photo transfer paper. I use PPD Inkjet PREMIUM Iron-On White or for dark fabric. Works great!