Wednesday, September 27, 2017

CONTINUED - PTA SEPT. MEETING

......After a quick brown bag lunch we retired to Janice's large sewing studio and got to work sewing donation quilts.  Kate supplied ALL the kits.  She's a whiz at selecting fabrics and patterns, and equally quick at cutting and assembling kits!

We are a group of 14 but today 10 attended.  Four of us are also in Fiber Junkies.....so here you'll see their names and faces too.
 Gen was a roaming helper.....pressing, sewing, and arranging on the design wall.
 Kate (standing) and Judy teamed up at one machine.  You've NEVER seen anyone like Kate who can put together a quilt quicker than I can even get two blocks stitched!
 My photo documentation is quite sparse. Marene (seated) and I teamed up but due to tension issues with her machine....it was very slow going so I missed snapping many of the ongoing quilts.
 Dort and Lynne worked on this one in an adjacent room....no wonder they got so much more done....they weren't distracted by all the chatter.
 I 'think' this was the one Judy and Kate were working on.....
Here's another plaid quilt....Barbara and Georgia were working on. Again the fabric is from my large stash of samples that came my way when I was teaching.  I'm personally a sucker for plaids....but am so happy they will now be utilized!

Unfinished quilts were taken home for machine quilting....I'm the binder in the group....one of the few that enjoys that task...and yes - by hand!!  So, photos will be posted as the quilts come to me to be finished.  You might be interested in seeing the great pattern ideas Kate used for these donation quilts.
And...to conclude the day.....look what was crossing the road as I was leaving Jancie's house.....Momma bear and two cubs.....glare on windshield makes seeing the cubs on the left difficult....but I wasn't able to open my window or attempt to get closer.  What's amazing is that Janice lives not more than 7-10 mins. from downtown Asheville!!!

2 comments:

Robbie said...

How nice to work on the quilts together!! THE BEAR WAS AWESOME!!!

Julie Bagamary said...

What a fun and productive day!