I expect most of you are familiar with the wonders of water soluble stabilizer....simply stitch on it.....cut the excess stabilizer away and dissolve the remaining in warm water.
The leaves are soaking in a sink that's filling with water.
With the stabilizer gone, the leaves are left to dry.Though I made the leaves specifically following the design pattern I drew on the overlay.....it didn't translate into a pleasing piece.
I had a stack of leaves to work with so I began auditioning new placements.
Though I rejected this one layout, upon reflection, I rather like it now. However I didn't then, so check back tomorrow and I'll show you what I did do!