Thursday, December 4, 2014

WOODLAND FERNS - DISCHARGED DYED FABRIC PROJECT


The border treatment has now changed from the ideas I was considering and shown in the last post. Though I liked the spider webby look using the perle cotton, it seemed a little messy and incomplete.  Fortunately, another Fiber Junkies meeting was right around the corner, so I brought all these ideas and asked for an opinion from my fellow Junkies.  We all agreed I needed to scrap the notion of using contrasting thread as an accent.  So instead, I did some simple stitching using 1 strand of pale green DMC embroidery floss.

WOODLAND FERNS  27" x 14" 
Artist dyed cotton fabrics, hand embroidered, machine quilted.

***CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE

2 comments:

Linda M said...

Great use of the discharged fabric.

Cheryl Rezendes said...

Love this piece! It is in perfect harmony - design, balance, color, imagery and stitching.

Congrats!

Cher