With that said, I must use up some of the fabrics I've been hoarding for years!
These are Primrose Gradations hand-dyed fabrics, purchased at least 10 years ago. (No longer in business) Love, love, love the colors and the quality of the fabric. However, the dyes were never washed out completely or set properly. It's such a hassle to now go back and treat 1/4 yd. or even 1 yard cuts.
So.....this is an experiment....I plan on doing that AFTER the top is pieced...if it doesn't work out well....I'll report back.
I blogged about this patchwork design approach here On that quilt I used two different sizes of rectangles (one large - one smaller). However, because most of the fabrics I wanted to use for this quilt were not large pieces, I decided to cut as I went....making the sizes to fit the spaces.
The idea was to avoid having the seams of the narrow horizontal setting strips line up. Yes, this took a bit longer but it enabled me to efficiently use a lot of those smaller hunks of fabric.Here's the top....it is actually straight but I have a devil of a time obtaining that in a photograph. That's because my design wall is a office divider that leans against the wall......
This will probably be the last look.....as it won't change much with the straight line machine quilting I'm planning to do.
Check out what others have been up to this week: Sarah's Whoop, Whoop Friday, Nina-Marie's Off The Wall Friday, and Crazy Mom Quilts.