Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MY STARS - PART 2

Because it's STILL snowing.....I'm NOT kidding either.....
the weather has allowed me to hunker down and get a lot of hand stitching accomplished.

In addition to the hand embroidery in the green sections, plus the beaded row surrounding the stars, the black background has been filled in with alternating rows of bugle/seed combinations and what I call 'washer/nut' motifs.

Next comes the finishing.....perhaps some fringe at the bottom edge...wherever that will be.  I've changed the orientation of the piece once already...from horizontal to vertical so let's see what happens......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have done a lot of tiny handwork. It looks fab.

Robbie said...

This turned out so great!!!! It's good you are snowed in!! HA

The Idaho Beauty said...

I just love this little piece. Those stars peeking out is such a great design & the bead embellishment enhances so well.