Sunday, September 2, 2012


A few days ago I posted two piles of was bringing me back full circle....making wearable art.  Here's the progress report......
This grouping is some commericial silk noil and some that I marbled.  It seems every project I've tackled lately has not gotten up and running smoothly....but I rarely give up.  However, this one is now on hold, waiting to find a more appropriate garment pattern to better highlight the hand dyed fabrics.

Instead, I've turned to a hunk of grey and black woven cotton.  I have no memory where it came from and unfortunately there are some fade lines that I'll have to work around.  It will be paired with a black silk noil....sure to create a more interesting jacket BUT....also because I don't have enough of the print!

 This is the unlined casual jacket.  Generally, a more tailored clothing style fits me better...these 'easy' casual patterns have so little shape I look like I'm wearing a sack.  My biggest complaint is the enormous underarm areas...way toooo much fabric and bulk for my body, so I won't be making this pattern again.
After the last picture was taken and I was reviewing it.....I decided to add another button....and silly as it sounds, I like it so much better.

So...back to beading, plus the next stack of materials I have laid out for a brand new project...something I've never done before......stay tuned.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Cute jacket! But you should model for us!!