Wednesday, November 30, 2011

SMALL TREES - continued...

.....I'm still plugging away on this little quilt as time permits....

 All the beading is done, and as I mentioned previously....the next step was to quilt it.




After much pondering because deconstructed hand-dyed fabrics have a surprisingly amount of energy to them, I decided to hand embroider the background instead.


The binding is on.....not blocked yet so it's a tad wonky in some areas.  It's always a challenge to square a quilt that has been beaded because the rulers won't sit accurately on the surface. 

After reviewing the impact of the piece this morning, I may replace the binding with a narrower one OR bead the edge to soften the impact a bit.  

It's good to be back in the studio playing......I dare not call it work!


No comments: