I just returned from a nice trip to the Sandhills Quilters Guild in Pinehurst, NC. It was a pleasure to share my work with their very talented members!
Here's Rita, who creates the most beautiful beaded jewelry......she is now the owner of "Blackbird", my wool felt quilt, featuring a beaded blackbird. It's always so special to have the opportunity to meet and spend time with the keepers of my work!
Their 'raffle" door prizes were so unique and perfect for this time of the year. I got permission from them to share their idea with you....my faithful readers. This fabric package was made up of 4 bundles of fat quarters, folded, wrapped, and decorated like a star. Isn't this clever?
There 'SEW and TELL' (never heard that term before....and I love it!) went quickly....like a lightening round on a game show. Therefore it was almost impossible to get good photos of the many exceptionally designed and executed quilts. But I tried....
Here Pat is showing a cheater cloth quilt that will be donated to charity. I thought it was so smart of this 'new to machine quilting' member to practice her machine skills on this type of quilt....a win for the quilter and for the lucky recipient!
This group isn't afraid to make big quilts......this is one of many that was shown.
What a nice way to utilize large scale prints!
This lovely piece of redwork was finished by this quilter (sorry...due to the pace of 'sew and tell', I was unable to get names....) but teary eyed, she shared how she completed the quilt using materials from a guild member who had passed away.....everyone was so touched hearing her story.
Pat brought this beautiful wool piece to show me at dinner the last night of my visit. I was delighted to get the opportunity to see it up close. Lovely machine and hand stitching!
Attractive 3-D flowers added to the charm of the table runner.
This part blew me away.....I'm always trying to come up with new ideas for edge finishings for my wool pieces. I may have to 'borrow' this one. Pat ran narrow wool strips of various lengths, butting them next to each other all around the outside edge. They were attached with embroidery and a rotary cutter's decorative blade was used to add interest. Great job!!