Wednesday, May 26, 2010

PINE RIDGE AT DAWN FINALE

Continuing the saga of my newest piece.....


Once the quilt layers were hand quilted.....I decided the design needed my trademark touch.....yup...that's right....some beads. This spider web was made using size #10 silver lined seed beads. Because this quilt will be for sale, I carefully stitched through the top two layers only to prevent an unsightly bunch of threads on the backing.

As you can see....the outside edges of the branches are a bit fuzzy.....and now that the piece is completed....I think it's the perfect look. I'm not very fond of raw edge applique....but in my mind this edge works great with the 3-D branches.


Where there is a spider web....surely a spider must be found too.


Pine Ridge At Dawn
32" x 42"

To better frame the quilt, the binding is made up of multi-colors of yellow and of course black in the mountain ridge area.

It will be exhibited at the Deer Park Inn on the Biltmore Estates in Asheville, NC in the fall. It's available for purchase now as long as the owner would make it available for this special exhibit. If that is the case.....we are talking a bit of a discount to compensate....email me for details.

1 comment:

Windy Hill Happenings said...

Looks great Mary...love the gradation of fabrics in the background and the spider...a nice touch!