Monday, June 1, 2009

FINAL LOOK & UPDATE - SHADY LADIES QUILT SHOW

I was lucky enough to get accurate information about this quilt, Beach Bliss by Chris Kroot, which I referred to yesterday in my post.

I wondered out loud about whether I had gotten a reflection from a label on another quilt when I took the above photo....because I didn't recall seeing the image that appears near the center top of the quilt.  Chris tells me, the shadow is actually a poem about a sunset which she printed on Extra Organza.  She's made quilt kits to recreate the piece in a smaller size, 24" x 30".  All the fabric needed, including 1 yard of hand dyed fabric for the sky and sun, plus detailed instructions.  This is a great starter for beginning free motion quilting.  

If you are interested, email me and I'll put you in touch with her.  My email link is on the right hand side bar of this blog.

She was also kind enough to provide the poem for your enjoyment:

an immanent display, for
the world to share
as it seeps below horizons,
to end the day,
only to share light, so that
other may see,
the beauty of the sunset for all who care

B.J. Ayers


BLUE GINKGO by Jane Cole (one of the driving forces behind The Shady Ladies)

Detail - Blue Ginkgo
The script sections added so much depth and interest to the quilt....the design, color placement, and movement all contributed to the success of the quilt.


ZEN GARDEN by Denise Keogh - Quilted by Kathy's Kreations

Pattern:  True Lovers Knot from The Quiltmaker's Gift
When I saw this on display, I was struck by the two patterns that emerged....one was the snowball and the other bow tie.

WINTER BLUES by Wendy Bowen (the other driving force behind the Shady Ladies)


Detail - Winter Blues
The zig-zag quilting on this piece was unexpected and incredibly successful.....there were so many great design ideas....everyone from our fiber group stood in awe.

2 comments:

Maggi said...

I love Blue Ginko and Winter Blues. Thank you for sharing the show with us.

Julie Bagamary said...

Thanks for the photos from the show Mary. I was sad to have missed it.