Friday, June 12, 2009

AIRLINE HASSLES

I'm in the Pacific NW where environmental concerns are always in the spot light. This is a new one on me.......the flushing instructions posted in a Portland, OR airport public bathroom. Couldn't help but take a photo and share this with all you green folks.




So....this is sort of how my day went......I left my home about 5:00 AM Thursday morning, I arrived in Eugene, OR at 11:45 PM EST.....spent the next hour on the phone trying to locate my bag which didn't arrive...DESPITE having a 2 hr. layover in Charlotte and what turned out to be a 6 hour delay in Chicago.

Since there wasn't a seat to be had in the gate area, I stood for over an hour watching this ridiculous sign tell us falsehoods! When I took this photo which stated 'boarding' would begin in 6 mins.....DAH......he inbound flight wasn't even in yet. This repeated its self over and over again....each time with a new later departure time, new boarding count down times and still no plane.

Of course it finally did come......and we depart Chicago after 5:00 PM.......very weary. The worst was yet to come when I stood waiting and waiting for my bag to appear on the carousel. It's a long story, but apparently, it was found in Gulf Port, MS.....I'm assuming it was never taken off the Asheville/Charlotte flight and just rode around in that aircraft..........but why nobody took the time to reroute it back in the system and on its way to me show the typical incompetence we often find these days. At this writing - 6:30 AM PST (ya....after only about 5 hours of sleep, I woke up and cant' get back to sleep) I still have no clue when I'll get my clean underwear.....my guess is it won't be till later tonight......grrr!

But, the luggage rack will be here waiting........ Life on the road can certainly be stressful. No matter, I arrived safely and am looking forward to some sibling bonding and family time.......and for that I'm thankful.

No comments: