Friday, October 24, 2008

SOUTHEASTERN ANIMAL FIBER FAIR

I'm heading to SAFF tomorrow, which is being held at the WNC Ag. Center near the Asheville airport.  Apparently, it's THE place to go to find the latest and best information and materials for knitting, spinning, weaving, felting, fiber dying......and more.

The 2007 event was attended by 7500-8000 people.....that's really a lot for this neck of the mountains.

For a change.....a big change....I'm taking a workshop tomorrow afternoon on Nuno Felting.....it's been 16 years since I've taken a class....I hope I'll be a good student!

Sunday will be an all day visit to the Biltmore.....I'm ashamed that it has taken me 2 1/2 years to get there.  Stay tuned for what I hope will be a good pictorial overview of these two events.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOhhhhhh!!! SAFF!! Watch out! I've gotten sucked in big time! To the point that it seems that opening a fiber arts studio is in my near future. Be careful! ;-))