Monday, October 6, 2008

FINISHED NEW WORK!

This piece has been in the works for awhile....inspired by the interesting mesquite wood motif. I gathered other embellishements, using some, rejecting some, and adding some.


As always when working with felted wool, I stablize the fabric by basting pellon interfacing to the wrong side to assure support for the embellishements.  The basting line reminds me of the finished size I'm trying to achieve.



Here's a detail 


Nature Inspired - outside frame measurements 9" x 11" -  SOLD

Sorry about the quality of this photo....I'll bet I've taken 100 pictures and can't overcome the shadows.  More details can be emailed for anyone who is interested.  I'm really warming to framing some of my wool felt pieces and buyers seem to like it too.

No comments: