Saturday, March 15, 2008

GULF STATES QUILTING SEMINAR

With years of teaching behind me......I have to say, Southern hospitality is alive and well at Gulf States Quilting Association.  It's heaven for us lucky instructors on this year's faculty in Baton Rouge, LA.

The following photos are work of  just some of the very talented students in my Wool Collage Embellishing workshop.  The focus of this class is 'bead applique', (motifs attached with beads). During the morning we create the design, and in the afternoon, students begin the beading process.

Sadly, I'm limited in the number of photos I can post (and of course with the quality of photos I managed to take during class) but I want to share the work of these energetic, fun, and eager to learn quilters from whom I heard so many heartbreaking Katrina stories.  






No comments: