Thursday, June 27, 2013

TRIBUTE QUILT CONTINUES

......continued from yesterday....

 From my nose to the sewing machine.....the stitching I showed yesterday appeared quite visible. But when I placed it on my design wall, I knew I had goofed again with my thread color selection.  With this mottled fabric, I should have pumped up the colors a lot more. My solution....and really the only one I could think of since this is a one-of-a-kind piece of fabric....was to add more stitching.  Hoping that as it got denser, the color would show up more.  It did somewhat.
I'm now seeing that my original idea of pebbles like rippling in a pond has not been successfully interpreted and with no clue to answer the question "What now?"....... I turned my attention to beading three cabochons to the work.
  

There has been several attempts to incorporate another design element into the background now that the cabochons are attached but all failed.  So when in doubt, add more beads....which I'm doing now..... let's see what happens.....

No comments: