Monday, June 24, 2013

NUNO FELTED ART QUILT - TIDE POOL

Even though my days have been filled with household tasks, my fingers continue to be busy during the evenings.

This project began by stabilizing a small wool piece I nuno felted and gathering some beads & threads.
 A wavy/ruffled bead wall becomes the focal point.
 ......more beads are added....as well as embroidery on the background with silk thread.
 Of course a LOT of time has already been devoted to this piece by now, but yup......it seemed to call for a finishing touch.  I hope you agree with me that the addition of this beaded fringe was just the right choice.  And finally, it was prepared for hanging and a label attached....ta da...... 
TIDE POOL  7" x 10" 
Artist nuno-felted wool, hand embroidered, and bead embellished.


Detail - Tide Pool

7 comments:

Robbie said...

Yes it is cool!!! Love addition of the fringe...the 'crinkle' look of the fringe is really neat!! Very different!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Wow, this is spectacular! You are making MY fingers itch now...

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Mary. I just love blue and green. And the beads enhance the felted piece in a wonderful way.
best, nadia

Regina B Dunn said...

I love tidal pools and the beaded fringe is a good touch.

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

What a little treasure! Love the colors.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oooh very cool, I love this!

Becca said...

Love the mottled effect of the 2 colours.